Monday, January 14, 2013

Marble Coffee Table

What a find! My mom and I recently made a quick trip to Berkeley for some mother/daughter bonding. She was so supportive and kind as I dragged her through many an antique store - not all of them worth the trek. We did however score at Jack's Antiques on Adeline Street. (They are old school and don't have a website but you can find them on yelp, etc.) I've been on the lookout for an oval coffee table for the living room. The space definitely needed something smaller than what we've had there for years. Plus, my husband kept banging his shins on the old rectangular one so he was on board with the idea of a change. Lo and behold, we found this:



Once I got it home I cleaned up the legs and trim with a mix of baking soda and lemon juice.



And then I went over the trim with my krylon gold leaf pen to brighten it up a bit more. You can see what a difference it made.


I do love the greek key and other details in the trim.



And now it is happily installed in our living room. So pretty.



3 comments:

  1. I love it! The subtle details are gorgeous. Great find! I need to get to an antique mall, soon. I could stay there all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post to read. I Like the design of marble coffee table. All the pics are gorgeous.Good job done by you.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your living room was set perfectly. This inspired me on how to improve my living room.

    ReplyDelete